McAfee has been tirelessly working towards safeguarding users’ devices by getting infected from different types of viruses, Trojans, malware, and so on. McAfee products not only help the users to stay away from these threats but also restricts phishing scams and other online scams from taking place on our device. Therefore, many people choose to deploy McAfee on their devices.
But, with the passage of time, its software might get outdated leading to its inappropriate working. This annoys the users a lot because an older version of McAfee can’t detect viruses properly. This results in their device getting slower, vulnerable to get hacked, etc. Therefore, one should update the McAfee software regularly. But, Windows 10 users have reported facing issues while updating their software.
A list of McAfee Activate update issues
- Different kinds of error messages
- Symptoms of network connectivity issues
- Error- “Your computer is at risk”
- When you click on ‘check for updates’ option, you do not get any response
- The update gets stuck in between
- Even after performing the update, you are prompted to restart the PC that you have already done.
Ways to fix McAfee activate update errors
You may follow the troubleshooting methods given below in order to get rid of update problems associated with McAfee. Remember to follow these methods carefully to avoid such troubles in the future. In case you still see errors or face problems, you might need to get technical help from experts.
- Try to update the software by connecting to an Internet connection other than the one you are using.
- You can also make changes in the network connection settings and see if it works.
- Other than this, try to configure your IP address.
- If nothing works, then uninstall McAfee and reinstall it again.
Use McAfee Diagnose and Repair Tool
To download and run this repair tool, you should follow the steps given below carefully so that you can update your software successfully:
- First of all, go to the official web page of McAfee or visit mcafee.com/activate
- Here, you need to log in to your registered account.
- After this, locate the tool in your account.
- Click on the Download option present next to it.
- Further, you need to wait for the download and installation to complete.
- As soon as it gets downloaded, it will appear on your device’s desktop.
- Click on it to run the tool and it will scan for the problem and fix it automatically.
If it doesn’t help, follow the next workaround.
Steps to renew the IP address to fix McAfee update error
Go through the steps given below to renew or refresh the IP address to get rid of the McAfee update error:
- First of all, go to the ‘Network and Sharing’ section of your device.
- After this, choose the ‘Wi-Fi’ option from the list of options.
- You can directly click on this option from the taskbar of Windows 10.
- Now, you have to select the Diagnose and Repair option.
- The troubleshooting process will begin and will fix update errors.
In case this doesn’t help, then you may need to uninstall and reinstall the software. After uninstalling, make sure to install McAfee.com/activate Security once again. In case you do not install McAfee again, then your PC might get infected.