In this era of digitalization and technological advancements, our devices can easily become prey to someone’s evil eyes. These days the hackers have become smart enough to break the old norms of hacking by using the latest technology to get their hands on our data. The medium through which they could access our personal data is usually the Internet. If you are using an insecure connection or you randomly connect using a public hotspot, then you might be giving way to something problematic.
But do not worry. Thankfully, McAfee has provided users with several products that help them to safeguard their identity over the Internet. The best in this field is McAfee.com/activate Safe Connect. As the name itself suggests, that it is a product that allows users to establish a safe connection to surf the web. But, sometimes, whenever you open the product on your Android device, it says that the network you are trying to connect to requires authorization. This means you cannot connect to the Internet or use its resources without troubleshooting the authorization issue.
Some important things to note
Before you begin with the troubleshooting process, ensure the following things:
- First of all, establish an Internet connection through Wi-Fi or by using mobile data.
- Check that you have the latest version of McAfee Safe Connect on your Android device. If there is an outdated version, you should download the latest one from the Google Play Store.
- Ensure that your Android device has not been “rooted”.
- Close all the programs running in the background including firewall app or any other VPN app.
Workaround to fix the Safe Connect connection error
Step 1- Sign in to the network
(Note: You may have to perform this step only if you have not signed in before.)
- Using your web browser, open any website.
- This will open up the network sign-in page.
- You may also go to Android’s settings. Here, tap on the “Wi-Fi” option.
- Search for the network through which you are connected.
- Sign-in to your network when prompted.
If this doesn’t work, go to the following section.
Step 2- Change your Android settings.
- Open your Android device and tap on the “Settings” icon which looks like a gear.
- From the Settings page, click on the “Wi-Fi” option followed by “Advanced”.
- From here, unmark the checkbox available next to “Avoid poor connection”. Some Android devices may not have this option.
- Again, click on the “Settings” option followed by “Manage Apps”.
- After this, tap on “McAfee Safe Connect”.
- When a new page opens, click on the “App Info” option.
- Further, click “Clear data” and then click “Force stop”.
- Once again, tap “Settings” followed by “Wi-Fi”.
- From the new page that opens, turn off “Smart network”. (If your device has this option.)
- Try using Safe Connect again and see if it is working or not.
In case the workarounds don’t help, you may try to restart your device twice or thrice and connect it to the Internet again and again. You may also seek expert assistance for resolving different kinds of issues with any of the McAfee products. For downloading the latest version of the McAfee product you are using, login to your account at mcafee.com/activate and do as required.
Smith Loo is an acclaimed technical writer and his articles have appeared in a number of tech websites. His articles contribute to the latest technology, solutions to technical issues in top branded printers, and viruses, and emails. He focuses on balancing informative contents along with all technical needs.